“Austin Kleon is positively one of the most interesting people on the Internet… Kleon makes an articulate and compelling case for combinatorial creativity and the role of remix in the idea economy.”
“Breezy and fun and yes, scary. Scary because it calls your bluff.”
“A quick, easily digestible read that is particularly relevant in today’s digital world.”
“Filled with well-formed advice that applies to nearly any kind of work.”
From the Back Cover
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
About the Author
Austin Kleon is a writer who draws. He is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work! His work has been featured on NPR’s Morning Edition, PBS Newshour, and in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal. He also speaks frequently about creativity in the digital age for such organizations as Pixar, Google, SXSW, TEDx, and The Economist. He lives in Austin, Texas, and online at austinkleon.com.
- Paperback : 144 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780761169253
- ISBN-13 : 978-0761169253
- Product Dimensions : 15.24 x 1.42 x 15.39 cm
- Publisher : Workman; Illustrated Edition (1 April 2012)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : 0761169253